Creamy, sweet, and minty, White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Dip is a must-make recipe for this upcoming holiday season!
Move over pumpkin spice latte, it’s peppermint mocha time. I absolutely love pairing mint and chocolate, especially in the winter. It simply tastes like Christmas!
One of the best ways I’ve found to combine the two flavors (besides of course, my favorite No Bake Peppermint Pie) is in this delicious white chocolate peppermint cheesecake dip. It’s smooth and creamy with a slight kick of minty freshness. And, who doesn’t love a good dessert dip? It’s quick and easy to make and it gets eaten just as fast!
WHITE CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT CHEESECAKE DIP
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere you go! Well if we’re being honest, it’s been looking a lot like Christmas in many stores since even before Halloween. I love Christmas and everything that comes with it, but I at least wait until November to start decorating! (Christmas shopping on the other hand is a WHOLE other story… that is a year-long endeavor).
Now that my Thanksgiving dinner is completely planned out (not cooked yet, but planned), I can start thinking about some of my favorite Christmas recipes! While I do love a good Christmas ham or roast beef dinner, the things I look forward to most every year are Christmas DESSERTS.
I’ve got a major sweet tooth year-round, but there’s something about holiday treats that bring me so much joy. Eggnog martinis (not technically a dessert, but yummy nonetheless), sugar cookies shaped like trees, and this amazing peppermint cheesecake dip all are major favorites in my book. I’m feeling jolly just thinking about it!
I love dessert dips for so many reasons. They’re delicious, super easy to make, and they are great for bringing along to a potluck party or to serve as an after-dinner treat.
There’s a tradition in my family that there is always a bowl of peppermint cheesecake dip on the table during our big family gift unwrapping party. Adults love to dip buttery shortbread cookies in it. It’s a fan favorite all around!
Ingredients for Cheesecake Dip
CHEESECAKE – This dip’s base is white chocolate no-bake cheesecake. All the ingredients you crave in cheesecake in a bowl with graham crackers for dipping.
PEPPERMINT – To get peppermint flavor in every bite, I use peppermint extract in the cream cheese mixture AND add more crush peppermints on top. So minty!
When it comes to desserts, I’m never really a big fan of making them “low-cal” or health food. Especially when it comes to holiday desserts. Give me all the full-fat, all the sweets…indulge yourself!
Whenever I make cheesecake dip, I use full-fat cream cheese and sour cream. They give the recipe a richer flavor and a creamier texture.
It’s also super important to use a good quality white chocolate. I typically use a brand name baking chocolate, but white chocolate chips work just as long as they don’t contain a lot of palm oil. The palm oil doesn’t mix super well and many off-brand varieties have a decent amount of palm oil. Just check those ingredient lists!!
How to Make White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Dip
A word from the wise when it comes to peppermint cheesecake, start out with less peppermint extract rather than more. Too much peppermint and your cheesecake dip will taste more like toothpaste than like yummy peppermint cheesecake. You can always add more after mixing!!
- You need to start by melting your white chocolate, it’s super easy! In a small, microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate, stirring at 15-second intervals. Set it aside and make the “cheesecake” part of your dip.
- Next, in a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, peppermint extract, and sour cream using an electric mixer on low speed. Mix until all the ingredients are incorporated. Then increase your speed to medium for an additional 1 to 2 minutes until the mixture is smooth, creamy, and oh-so-delicious.
- Next, pour in the melted chocolate, and mix on low speed until well combined.
- Last, transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and top with crushed candy canes, soft mint candies, white chocolate shavings, or even graham crackers crumbs. Now you’re ready to serve!
If you want to be super festive, go ahead and throw in a few drops of food coloring. You can make your peppermint cheesecake dip as red as Rudolph’s nose or give it a hint of pink to offset the candy’s color!
If you have any leftovers (highly unlikely…. this stuff goes fast!), you can store them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Just make sure you put it into a sealed, air-tight container. I guarantee you’ll find yourself sneaking spoonfuls of cheesecake dip at all hours of the day!
What to Dip in White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Dip?
If you’re my kids, you’d just eat peppermint cheesecake dip by the spoonful (or by the fingerful…. kids are gross), but if you’re serving this dessert dip to a crowd here are a few of my favorite treats to dip!
A tried and true family favorite in our house is to serve this dip with graham crackers broken into sticks. They’re simple and don’t detract from the delicious taste of the white chocolate and peppermint. I also love dipping butter cookies or shortbread cookies into peppermint cheesecake dip.
If you want to live life decadently, you can even serve chocolate-covered pretzels or chocolate sandwich cookies to dip! The combo of milk chocolate and white chocolate is delicious!
Other Cheesecake Dips
If you love the idea of peppermint cheesecake dip and are thinking to yourself “HMMMM, what other amazing cheesecake dips could I possibly make?”, well don’t you worry ’bout a thing! We’ve got plenty of other amazing options for you to try out!
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip – cheesecake and cherry pie filling all in a no-bake dip? It’s dessert perfection.
- Eggnog Cheesecake Dip – this stuff tastes just like Christmas to me!
- No Bake Apple Cheesecake Dip – if the eggnog dip tastes like Christmas, then this delicious dip tastes like apple picking in the fall! So easy and so yummy.
- Cinnamon Cheesecake Dip – I love this dip because it serves as a great base for SO many dipping options. Cinnamon cheesecake dip pairs great with apple slices, cookies, crackers…. the list is endless!
Other Peppermint Desserts
Chocolate and peppermint are a match made in Holiday Heaven, there are so many ways to bring the two together. Here are some of my other favorite peppermint desserts:
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Sticks – not all cookies need to be round! These adorable cookie sticks are delicious with just the perfect amount of peppermint!
- Chocolate Peppermint Pretzels – I always make a batch of these to give away as hostess gifts or gifts for my kids’ teachers!
- White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge – this fudge is SO easy to make and it tastes incredible!
- Peppermint Sugar Cookies – these cookies are a MUST-HAVE on any Christmas cookie platter.
Looking for some more holiday dessert inspiration?
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars
- Raspberry Cheesecake Bites
- Strawberry Cheesecake
- Christmas Crack
- No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- more DESSERT recipes…
Tools used to make this White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Dip recipe
Mixing Bowls: I love these glass mixing bowls because they’re microwave safe and they stack perfectly to save space in my cabinet.
Hand Mixer: I don’t always want to break out my stand mixer for simple recipes like dessert dips, instead I use my hand mixer!
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 Tablespoons sour cream
- Crushed candy canes for garnish
- White chocolate shavings for garnish
In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the white chocolate for 15 seconds. Stir and heat again until chocolate is melted and smooth. Set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, peppermint extract, and sour cream. Beat on low speed until the ingredients are incorporated. Then increase speed to medium for an additional 1 to 2 minutes until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Pour in the melted chocolate, and mix on low speed until well combined.
Transfer dip to a serving bowl, and top with crushed candy canes, soft mint candies, or white chocolate shavings.
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in a sealed container.
- This recipe makes 1.5 cups of dip – about 12 ounces.
- Full fat cream cheese and sour cream works best. The flavor is richer and the dip has a creamier texture than when we use low-fat products.
- Red food coloring could be used to make the dip pink/red in color. It could be added as an optional ingredient.
- If you want a stronger mint flavor, you can add more peppermint extract AFTER mixing the dip together.
SUCCESS! Watch your inbox for your free guide.
There was an error submitting your subscription. Please try again.